Spice Girl outs pop star, not that anybodys buying it
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 31 2001 12:00 AM ET
Former Spice Girl Mel B. (Scary) casually outed pop star Robbie Williams on the British television show Top of the Pops, according to The [London] Sun. Presenter Josie Darby apparently asked Mel B. about Williamss relationships with the Spice Girls since he recently went on holiday with Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice), though the two swore there was no romantic attachment. Mel B. replied, Neither Emma nor Victoria nor I have gone out with him. Anyway, he prefers men. Jonathan Wilkeschildhood friend and current Notting Hill flatmate of Williamsdeclared, I think she was well out of order.... Everyone has been saying since year dot that there is something going on between Rob and me. We ignore it. One can see where such rumors take hold, however; just last April, Williams announced on Top of the Pops, Tomorrow I will be coming out as homosexual. Williams, by the way, sang the Freddie Mercury part on the recent remake of Queens We Are the Champions.
- Op-ed: Adopting the T in LGBT
- A Reason for Pride: Gay Parents Are Changing the World
- Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy
- Op-ed: My Life as a Gay Boy Scout
- Schumer Admits Reason He Left Gays Out of Immigration 'Provides Little Comfort'
- Does Expansion of Rights Also Expand Antigay Violence?
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Sports Water Polo Player Addresses WeHo City Council in Speedo 12 min 8 sec ago
- Comics and Graphic Novels This Gay Superhero Comic Is So Super Duper 1 hour 12 min ago
- The End of Bullying Could Video Games Be a Cure for Anti-LGBT Bullying? 1 hour 57 min ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt's Lawyer: Possible Plea Deal, But No Felony For Same-Sex High School Relationship 7:03 PM
- Military Donald Rumsfeld Isn't Sure, But Marriage Equality Might Lead to Polygamy 7:01 PM
- Internet WATCH: The First AIDS Generation in Giant Town Hall 6:16 PM
- Politics Joe Biden Praises Jewish Leaders for Marriage Equality 6:09 PM