Spice Girl outs pop star, not that anybodys buying it
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 30 2001 11:00 PM ET
Former Spice Girl Mel B. (Scary) casually outed pop star Robbie Williams on the British television show Top of the Pops, according to The [London] Sun. Presenter Josie Darby apparently asked Mel B. about Williamss relationships with the Spice Girls since he recently went on holiday with Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice), though the two swore there was no romantic attachment. Mel B. replied, Neither Emma nor Victoria nor I have gone out with him. Anyway, he prefers men. Jonathan Wilkeschildhood friend and current Notting Hill flatmate of Williamsdeclared, I think she was well out of order.... Everyone has been saying since year dot that there is something going on between Rob and me. We ignore it. One can see where such rumors take hold, however; just last April, Williams announced on Top of the Pops, Tomorrow I will be coming out as homosexual. Williams, by the way, sang the Freddie Mercury part on the recent remake of Queens We Are the Champions.
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'