World premiere of A New You at L.A.’s Celebration Theatre
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 01 2001 12:00 AM ET
The lesbian coming-out story A New You will make its debut June 1 at the Celebration Theatre in Los Angeles. This will be the first lesbian-themed show that Celebration has mounted in almost three years. Managing artistic director Derek Livingston says, I am delighted for the opportunity of showcasing such good work. I am equally pleased that it is the story of a young womans coming-out. Most lesbian-themed work is about adult women; a young girls journey into her sexuality is a welcome addition to our community. Author Nancy Beverly has previously worked in the Literary Department of Actors Theatre of Louisville as well as on the sitcom Roseanne. Celebration Theatre is located at 7985 Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood. For more information, call (310) 289-2999.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox