Mizrahi series to debut on Oxygen network
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 11 2001 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that Oxygen is set to launch The Isaac Mizrahi Show in September. The 30-minute documentary series will follow the flamboyantly gay designer-personality around as he goes about his daily business, an undertaking that apparently involves visits with celebrated women (Sandra Bernhard, Bebe Neuwirth, Sarah Jessica Parker, et al.). In the meantime, the pilot for Born in Brooklyn, a sitcom featuring Mizrahi in an unsentimental view of family life, is still languishing in the vaults of Studios USA, according to Inside.com. The show never made it onto the ABC schedule and is now being considered as a mid-season replacement; if it doesnt find a slot there, the effort will most likely vanish completely. Studios USA senior vice president for comedy programming, Marcy Ross, explains, Theres so many variables, and all the stars have to align to get a show on the air.... When the momentum is over, its gone.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Op-ed: What If Stonewall Happened Now?
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did