British Big Brother housemate to bare all for votes
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 14 2001 12:00 AM ET
The newest resident of the British Big Brother house, gay property manager Josh Rafter, is having a video of himself stripping shown at a North London festival in order to garner as many votes as possible, according to the London tabloid The Sun. Rafter recorded the video on the roof of his office, a gay housing bureau, before he went into the house. The video ends with Rafters modesty protected by a placard bearing the name and address of the firm where he works. A source at the Mardi Gras festival, which is being held in Finsbury Park on June 30, says, Josh knew that if he entered the house, he would become a gay icon, so he wanted to say hello to the community. A warm greeting is not the only message, however. He apparently also urges everyone to vote to keep me in the house. Josh is not the only gay resident in the heavily monitored abode, though: flight attendant Brian is so gay that he is reported to have actually taken ill when he was flashed by an Italian woman trying to get his attention on one of his flights. The two men manage to cover a rather broad spectrum of the community. According to the Big Brother profiles on BBC.com, Brian likes romantic music and loathes all kinds of healthy eating, whereas Josh is a fitness and health fanatic who promises to bring nudity, naughtiness, and nocturnal activities to the house.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- Meet Ireland's Marriage Equality Benefactor: American Billionaire Chuck Feeney
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure