Windy City offers gay tours
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2001 12:00 AM ET
ChicagoGayTours.com is offering tours of the Midwestern metropolis with a focus on the areas gay history. The next offering will be a tour of the citys south side on June 30, timed to coincide with Windy City Black Pride weekend. The tour offers to take participants through the unwritten lesbian and gay history of Chicagos African-American community: the writers, the jazz and blues cultures, and the church. Along the way, you will also visit the birthplace of the citys post-Stonewall Gay Liberation group. Upcoming events include concerts at the Ravinia Festival, a Lesbian History tour, and a tour focusing on gay politics and activism. On a more festive note, there will be a Halloween Party Bus and a Brookfield Zoo Gay Animal Tour (though, presumably, straight animals will be available for viewing as well). Tour guides are Chicago gay writer Sukie de la Croix and tour service company operator Sandra Nichols. For a brochure of the entire roster of upcoming events and how to sign up for them, visit the Web site.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word