The Wizard of Oz airs commercial-free July 3
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 03 2001 12:00 AM ET
Turner Classic Movies has scheduled its second annual airing of the classic film The Wizard of Oz for Tuesday, July 3. The film is set to air at 8 p.m. and will be preceded by a half-hour documentary, Memories of Oz. Memories will feature the usual behind-the-scenes photos and film clips along with interviews with three of the starring Munchkins and openly gay cult film director John Waters. Following the film will be a broadcast of the documentary The Wonderful Wizard of Oz: 50 Years of Magic. Further information can be found at www.turnerclassicmovies.com. Check local listings.
- The Only 2 Things to Know Out of Mike Pence's Dissembling Interview
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers