John Waters to appear on Sundance Channel
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 04 2001 12:00 AM ET
The Sundance Channel will air the John Waters installment of its series Conversations in World Cinema on July 5. The half-hour program typically includes an introduction to the filmmakers work, his or her reflection on that work, and a conversation with the filmmaker, followed by a Q&A session with the studio audience. The episode featuring Waters is unlikely to resemble most of the others, as his stated mission in life is to make movies with no socially redeeming value. His exploration of cinema terrorism, Cecil B. Demented, which stars Melanie Griffith as a kidnapped movie star forced to appear in an underground movie, will make its television debut on the Sundance Channel later in July. Check local listings.
- Artist Spotlight: Kent Monkman
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Hot Sheet: They Are Risen
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Love Is Strange: A Love Story for Our Times