John Waters to appear on Sundance Channel
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 04 2001 12:00 AM ET
The Sundance Channel will air the John Waters installment of its series Conversations in World Cinema on July 5. The half-hour program typically includes an introduction to the filmmakers work, his or her reflection on that work, and a conversation with the filmmaker, followed by a Q&A session with the studio audience. The episode featuring Waters is unlikely to resemble most of the others, as his stated mission in life is to make movies with no socially redeeming value. His exploration of cinema terrorism, Cecil B. Demented, which stars Melanie Griffith as a kidnapped movie star forced to appear in an underground movie, will make its television debut on the Sundance Channel later in July. Check local listings.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad