John Waters to appear on Sundance Channel
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 04 2001 12:00 AM ET
The Sundance Channel will air the John Waters installment of its series Conversations in World Cinema on July 5. The half-hour program typically includes an introduction to the filmmakers work, his or her reflection on that work, and a conversation with the filmmaker, followed by a Q&A session with the studio audience. The episode featuring Waters is unlikely to resemble most of the others, as his stated mission in life is to make movies with no socially redeeming value. His exploration of cinema terrorism, Cecil B. Demented, which stars Melanie Griffith as a kidnapped movie star forced to appear in an underground movie, will make its television debut on the Sundance Channel later in July. Check local listings.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law