Queer Fourth Of July celebration to be held in, unsurprisingly, San Francisco
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 04 2001 12:00 AM ET
An Ol Fashioned 4th of July Alternative Family Picnic will be held at the Yerba Buena Center Gardens in San Francisco. The celebration will be held from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and will provide a place for queer family units to picnic and socialize. Entertainment will include the San Francisco Lesbian/Gay Freedom Band, the Dixieland Dykes +3, some of the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, and Mr. Pat-A-Cake, the gay clown. The Yerba Buena Gardens are located at 700 Howard (at 3rd Street). For more information, call the Jon Sims Center at (415) 554-0402.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- PHOTOS: Toronto Shows Off Its Pride
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'