Nebraskans go for Y.M.C.A. record
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 07 2001 12:00 AM ET
AP reports that 23,000 people have successfully writhed to, sung along with, and spelled out the Village People hit Y.M.C.A. in an attempt to get into the Guinness Book of World Records. This disco homage to what has become a gay cultural anthem took place at Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha. The effort will not become official until the folks at Guinness receive video proof of the event. The current record was set in 1997, when 6,907 dancers managed the feat at Southwest Missouri State University.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Speak Now: Prop. 8 Decision Will Pave Way for National Marriage Victory
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- WATCH: Bruce LaBruce at MoMA