Nebraskans go for Y.M.C.A. record
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 06 2001 11:00 PM ET
AP reports that 23,000 people have successfully writhed to, sung along with, and spelled out the Village People hit Y.M.C.A. in an attempt to get into the Guinness Book of World Records. This disco homage to what has become a gay cultural anthem took place at Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha. The effort will not become official until the folks at Guinness receive video proof of the event. The current record was set in 1997, when 6,907 dancers managed the feat at Southwest Missouri State University.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View