Madonnas name comes up in strip-club trial
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 17 2001 11:00 PM ET
The name of pop star Madonna has come up in the racketeering trial of Atlanta strip-club owner Steve Kaplan, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Prosecutors in the case are charging that Kaplan encouraged his staff to provide sexual favors to celebrity clients in order to promote repeat business and raise the clubs profile, a charge Kaplan denies. Former club manager George Kontos, however, testifies that Madonna once visited the club and asked Kontos if she could leave with a dancer using the stage name Baby. The request was OKd, though Kontos does not say what happened afterward. Liz Rosenberg, spokeswoman for Madonna, claims that the singer has not been in Atlanta for years and years, so I dont think it could have happened, adding, I dont know if its anything that Madonna would be ashamed of, by the way.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6