Heche talks to Barbara Walters about abuse, insanity, Ellen
September 06 2001 12:00 AM ET
In an interview
with Barbara Walters on 20/20 that will air Wednesday
night at 10 p.m. (Eastern and Pacific time; check local
listings), actress Anne Heche reveals that her father
sexually abused her until she was 12 and that the abuse made
her "insane" and led to her developing a split personality.
Reuters reports that Heche claims she did not recover from
her mental illness until after a breakdown last year in
Fresno County, Calif., when she took the drug ecstasy and
entered a stranger's home, babbling about God's spaceship.
"I had a fantasy world that I escaped to," says Heche, who
was involved with Ellen DeGeneres for more than three years.
"I called my other personality Celestia.... I believed I was
from another planet. I think I was insane." Heche, who was
married to cameraman Coleman Laffoon over the weekend,
claims that she had never been with another woman before her
involvement with DeGeneres and that the comedian was the
best sex she had ever had.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies UPDATED: May 18 2013 7:24 PM
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship May 18 2013 6:58 PM
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off May 18 2013 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill May 18 2013 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre May 18 2013 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM