Heche talks to Barbara Walters about abuse, insanity, Ellen
September 05 2001 11:00 PM ET
In an interview
with Barbara Walters on 20/20 that will air Wednesday
night at 10 p.m. (Eastern and Pacific time; check local
listings), actress Anne Heche reveals that her father
sexually abused her until she was 12 and that the abuse made
her "insane" and led to her developing a split personality.
Reuters reports that Heche claims she did not recover from
her mental illness until after a breakdown last year in
Fresno County, Calif., when she took the drug ecstasy and
entered a stranger's home, babbling about God's spaceship.
"I had a fantasy world that I escaped to," says Heche, who
was involved with Ellen DeGeneres for more than three years.
"I called my other personality Celestia.... I believed I was
from another planet. I think I was insane." Heche, who was
married to cameraman Coleman Laffoon over the weekend,
claims that she had never been with another woman before her
involvement with DeGeneres and that the comedian was the
best sex she had ever had.
- Holiday Guide: Shop Here, Not There
- New Celeb Couple: Dustin Lance Black and Tom Daley
- WATCH: Jared Leto on Avoiding Trans Character 'Cliché' for 'Dallas Buyers Club'
- Op-ed: Straight Teen Girls Can Change the World
- Gay News, LGBT Rights, Politics, Entertainment | The Advocate
- Bringing Diversity to the Digital Realm
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Web Series 'Kelsey' - Kelsey Gets All Kinds of Action December 04 2013 8:27 PM
- Travel Out Traveler Awards: Best Cruise Line? December 04 2013 7:42 PM
- Society Making LGBT Spirits Bright This Holiday Season December 04 2013 7:41 PM
- Women PHOTOS: Oxford University's Women's Rugby Club Bares All for Charity December 04 2013 7:25 PM
- Entertainment News Bill Hader Wanted Stefon's Goodbye to Be Emotional December 04 2013 4:50 PM
- Women 13 Reasons to Let AHS: Coven Cast A Spell on You -- in GIFs December 04 2013 4:36 PM
- Sports You Can Play and NFL Team Up With LGBT Youth December 04 2013 3:37 PM