Christine Vachon considering bringing Corpus Christi to the screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 29 2001 12:00 AM ET
E! Online's Ted Casablanca reports that out producer Christine Vachon, who was behind such brilliantly unconventional films as Happiness, Boys Don't Cry, and Hedwig and the Angry Inch, is considering bringing the controversial Corpus Christi to the screen. The play, from out writer Terrence McNally, is a contemporary retelling of the Passion play, centering around a gay Texan named Joshua.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media