In the Life celebrates 10 years on the air
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 29 2001 12:00 AM ET
The gay and lesbian public affairs TV newsmagazine In the Life celebrates its 10th anniversary with its October show, which will screen throughout the month on PBS affiliates nationwide (check local listings). Topics covered will include "Art in the Age of AIDS," a visit to Los Angeles's ONE Institute and Archives, the Condega Homemakers Project, jazz genius Billy Strayhorn, an interview with Marga Gomez, the new film The Iron Ladies, and the recent murder of transgendered teen Fred Martinez Jr. For more information and to find stations broadcasting In the Life, visit www.inthelifetv.org.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives