Michael Barrymore nominated for top British TV prize
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 10 2001 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that openly gay British TV star Michael Barrymore has been nominated in the top entertainer category at the U.K. National TV Awards. In the six-year history of the awards, Barrymore has won seven times, including a special achievement prize. His popularity in the awards, most of which are voted on by the general public, must come as some relief to the scandal-plagued Barrymore, as police continue to investigate the drowning of a man in Barrymore's pool during a house party earlier this year.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People