Michael Barrymore nominated for top British TV prize
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 10 2001 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that openly gay British TV star Michael Barrymore has been nominated in the top entertainer category at the U.K. National TV Awards. In the six-year history of the awards, Barrymore has won seven times, including a special achievement prize. His popularity in the awards, most of which are voted on by the general public, must come as some relief to the scandal-plagued Barrymore, as police continue to investigate the drowning of a man in Barrymore's pool during a house party earlier this year.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women