Michael Barrymore nominated for top British TV prize
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 10 2001 12:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that openly gay British TV star Michael Barrymore has been nominated in the top entertainer category at the U.K. National TV Awards. In the six-year history of the awards, Barrymore has won seven times, including a special achievement prize. His popularity in the awards, most of which are voted on by the general public, must come as some relief to the scandal-plagued Barrymore, as police continue to investigate the drowning of a man in Barrymore's pool during a house party earlier this year.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'