Canadian official criticizes stay-at-home Lily Tomlin
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 11 2001 12:00 AM ET
Ontario's minister of tourism, Tim Hudak, criticized lesbian actress-comedian Lily Tomlin for not traveling to Toronto this week, where she was to be honored, according to Jam! Showbiz. "I do think that is a very unhelpful message," Hudak said. "If we stay in our homes, we let the terrorists win." Tomlin was to receive a Harbourfront Centre Prize on Tuesday as part of "World Leaders: A Festival of Creative Genius." Hudak's comments followed a meeting with tourism leaders on how to boost business in the wake of the September 11 attacks. "I'd encourage my mom to get on an airplane," said Hudak. "I'm confident of the travel in Canada, and I think we should continue to encourage people to travel."
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- PHOTOS: Marry Me in Maine
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope' 58 min 6 sec ago
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 2 hours 58 min ago
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM