Nathan Lane takes a voice-saving break from The Producers
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 03 2001 12:00 AM ET
Out Tony award winner Nathan Lane is taking a week off from the Broadway hit The Producers due to a polyp on his left vocal cord, reports The New York Times. Doctors have also placed Lane on a "no speaking" regimen. "He just wants to get better," says a spokesman. "He's got to take this week off, and he's got to have total silence." The strain of the role has caused Lane to miss 15 performances of the show since it opened in April.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Holding Out for a Gay Hero
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'