Nathan Lane takes a voice-saving break from The Producers
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 03 2001 1:00 AM ET
Out Tony award winner Nathan Lane is taking a week off from the Broadway hit The Producers due to a polyp on his left vocal cord, reports The New York Times. Doctors have also placed Lane on a "no speaking" regimen. "He just wants to get better," says a spokesman. "He's got to take this week off, and he's got to have total silence." The strain of the role has caused Lane to miss 15 performances of the show since it opened in April.
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- 14 Stunning Photos of LGBT Military Personnel