Nathan Lane takes a voice-saving break from The Producers
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 03 2001 1:00 AM ET
Out Tony award winner Nathan Lane is taking a week off from the Broadway hit The Producers due to a polyp on his left vocal cord, reports The New York Times. Doctors have also placed Lane on a "no speaking" regimen. "He just wants to get better," says a spokesman. "He's got to take this week off, and he's got to have total silence." The strain of the role has caused Lane to miss 15 performances of the show since it opened in April.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate