Sony Pictures Classics acquires Lisa Cholodenko's Laurel Canyon
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 07 2001 1:00 AM ET
Sony Pictures Classics will distribute Laurel Canyon, the upcoming film from out director Lisa Cholodenko (High Art) in North America, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Currently shooting in Los Angeles, the film has a budget of $5 million and stars Frances McDormand, Christian Bale, Kate Beckinsale, and Alessandro Nivola. Laurel Canyon focuses on the conflict between a laid-back record producer (McDormand) and her uptight son (Bale), who has just graduated from Harvard Medical School.
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- The Hidden Message in Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings
- #27BiStories: When Did You Come Out? What Was the Response Like?