Sony Pictures Classics acquires Lisa Cholodenko's Laurel Canyon
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 07 2001 1:00 AM ET
Sony Pictures Classics will distribute Laurel Canyon, the upcoming film from out director Lisa Cholodenko (High Art) in North America, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Currently shooting in Los Angeles, the film has a budget of $5 million and stars Frances McDormand, Christian Bale, Kate Beckinsale, and Alessandro Nivola. Laurel Canyon focuses on the conflict between a laid-back record producer (McDormand) and her uptight son (Bale), who has just graduated from Harvard Medical School.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Miss Fame: I've Yet to Leave My 'Beauty Mark'