Mrs. Doubtfire becomes a global stage phenomenon
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 28 2001 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Mrs. Doubtfire, the hit 1993 cross-dressing comedy starring Robin Williams and Harvey Fierstein, has become a stage favorite throughout Europe and may soon become one in the United States as well. For the past two years a musical version called E Meno Male Che C'e'Maria has been onstage in Rome, while a nonmusical French version opened in October at the Théâtre de Paris. Talks are currently under way to bring an English-language version of the European theater adaptations to Broadway and London, with other translations possibly headed for Japan, Spain, Germany, and Austria.
- Op-ed: Why Cindy McCain Really Is a 'Hero'
- Man of Steel: A Gay Allegory For Our Time
- PHOTOS: Baltimore's First Pride With Marriage Equality
- PHOTOS: French Photographer Fights Homophobia With 'Imaginary Couples'
- No Marriage Rulings From Supremes Today
- WATCH: For Father's Day, This 10-Year-Old Wants Job Security for Her Gay Dads
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Travel PHOTOS: L.A.'s Favorite Park Reopens After $45M Renovation June 17 2013 8:54 PM
- Women WATCH: Lesbian-Themed Series Easy Abby Season Finale June 17 2013 8:16 PM
- Women Melissa Etheridge Says Angelina Jolie Made 'Fearful Choice' on Breast Cancer June 17 2013 6:46 PM
- Entertainment News NYC Gay Bar Gets Reality Show... June 17 2013 6:09 PM
- Women Duh: Ellen DeGeneres Is Still Most Recognizable Gay American June 17 2013 6:07 PM
- Sports Greg Louganis is Getting Married June 17 2013 6:06 PM
- Religion Gay Catholics Turn Their Backs to Cardinal Who Compared LGBT Equality to KKK June 17 2013 5:20 PM