Mrs. Doubtfire becomes a global stage phenomenon
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 28 2001 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Mrs. Doubtfire, the hit 1993 cross-dressing comedy starring Robin Williams and Harvey Fierstein, has become a stage favorite throughout Europe and may soon become one in the United States as well. For the past two years a musical version called E Meno Male Che C'e'Maria has been onstage in Rome, while a nonmusical French version opened in October at the Théâtre de Paris. Talks are currently under way to bring an English-language version of the European theater adaptations to Broadway and London, with other translations possibly headed for Japan, Spain, Germany, and Austria.
- One of the Original X-Men Comes Out as Gay (Spoilers)
- EXCLUSIVE: Josh Groban Sings "Over The Rainbow"
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- More of You Could Be Fired for Getting Married
- WATCH: Bruce LaBruce at MoMA
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'