Mrs. Doubtfire becomes a global stage phenomenon
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 28 2001 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Mrs. Doubtfire, the hit 1993 cross-dressing comedy starring Robin Williams and Harvey Fierstein, has become a stage favorite throughout Europe and may soon become one in the United States as well. For the past two years a musical version called E Meno Male Che C'e'Maria has been onstage in Rome, while a nonmusical French version opened in October at the Théâtre de Paris. Talks are currently under way to bring an English-language version of the European theater adaptations to Broadway and London, with other translations possibly headed for Japan, Spain, Germany, and Austria.
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Ethics Complaint Filed Against Texas AG Over Stance on Marriage Licenses
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'