Mrs. Doubtfire becomes a global stage phenomenon
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 28 2001 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Mrs. Doubtfire, the hit 1993 cross-dressing comedy starring Robin Williams and Harvey Fierstein, has become a stage favorite throughout Europe and may soon become one in the United States as well. For the past two years a musical version called E Meno Male Che C'e'Maria has been onstage in Rome, while a nonmusical French version opened in October at the Théâtre de Paris. Talks are currently under way to bring an English-language version of the European theater adaptations to Broadway and London, with other translations possibly headed for Japan, Spain, Germany, and Austria.
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series