Ellen DeGeneres gets two People's Choice nominations
BY Advocate.com Editors
November 29 2001 1:00 AM ET
Nominations for the 28th annual People's Choice Awards have been announced, reports Variety, and Ellen DeGeneres can take comfort in the fact that her two nominations prove her popularity with the public. The Ellen Show is up against My Wife and Kids and Scrubs for New Comedy Series, while DeGeneres herself is up for Female Performer in a New TV Series, alongside Kim Delaney (Philly), Jill Hennessy (Crossing Jordan), and Reba McEntire (Reba). Perhaps this year's oddest nomination is Jason Alexander for Bob Patterson, as that series has already been canceled by ABC.
- Larry King Is Confused By Anna Paquin's 'Non-Practicing' Bisexuality
- Tyler Oakley Could Be The First Gay Person You Ever Met
- The Peculiarity of Black Trans Male Privilege
- BSA: Gays Aren't Pedophiles, But They Still Can't Be Leaders
- Daddy, What Does 'Gay' Mean?
- #TBT: Famous Moments On the Wrong Side of History