Gay bartender voted off Survivor
BY Advocate.com Editors
December 15 2001 1:00 AM ET
Openly gay 25-year-old Dallas bartender Brandon Quinton was voted off of Survivor on Thursday's episode, after he turned his back on the voting bloc created by his former Samburu tribe members. On the previous episode, according to E! Online, Quinton switched allegiances to vote off Kelly Goldsmith, and that act led to this week's ouster. Because Quinton lasted as long as he did on the show, he will sit on the jury that will decide the ultimate Survivor winner. "I'm thrilled to death to be on the jury," said Quinton in his final words on the show. "I said all along that my main goal would be to be on the jury, because I want to determine who wins the million dollars."
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Why Does Vogue Think Bisexuality Is a Phase?