Piñero and The Laramie Project headed for Berlin
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 29 2002 1:00 AM ET
The biography of a bisexual Puerto Rican poet-playwright and an examination of how a hate crime affected a small town are among the subjects covered in the Panorama section of the 2002 Berlin International Film Festival, as Leon Ichaso's Piñero and Moisés Kaufman's The Laramie Project have been included in this year's lineup. Other films of GLBT interest include Ventura Pons's Food of Love, Bill Weber and David Weissman's The Cockettes, David Riva's Marlene Dietrich--Her Own Song, Rosa von Praunheim's Queens Don't Cry, and Monika Treut's Warrior of Light.
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- WATCH: Can the GOP Presidential Field Get Any More Antigay?
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over