Boy George to join the cast of his own stage musical
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2002 1:00 AM ET
Reuters reports that Boy George will be joining the cast of Taboo, the semi-autobiographical stage musical he wrote, later this month. George won't play himself--that role has been filled to critical raves by actor Euan Morton--but he will take over the part of 1980s performance artist Leigh Bowery when actor Matt Lucas leaves the show sometime around the end of April. His stage jaunt won't mark George's debut as a thespian, however; he did once appear as a guest star on an episode of The A-Team, the action series that starred fellow '80s curiosity Mr. T.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Why Does Facebook Censor Gay Images?
- South Dakota AG: Clerks Can Refuse Same-Sex Marriage Licenses