Boy George to join the cast of his own stage musical
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2002 1:00 AM ET
Reuters reports that Boy George will be joining the cast of Taboo, the semi-autobiographical stage musical he wrote, later this month. George won't play himself--that role has been filled to critical raves by actor Euan Morton--but he will take over the part of 1980s performance artist Leigh Bowery when actor Matt Lucas leaves the show sometime around the end of April. His stage jaunt won't mark George's debut as a thespian, however; he did once appear as a guest star on an episode of The A-Team, the action series that starred fellow '80s curiosity Mr. T.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40