Boy George to join the cast of his own stage musical
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 03 2002 12:00 AM ET
Reuters reports that Boy George will be joining the cast of Taboo, the semi-autobiographical stage musical he wrote, later this month. George won't play himself--that role has been filled to critical raves by actor Euan Morton--but he will take over the part of 1980s performance artist Leigh Bowery when actor Matt Lucas leaves the show sometime around the end of April. His stage jaunt won't mark George's debut as a thespian, however; he did once appear as a guest star on an episode of The A-Team, the action series that starred fellow '80s curiosity Mr. T.
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- These Couples Prove Love Is Love
- Mass. Lt. Gov. Candidate Backs Marriage Equality; Conservatives Object
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit 2 hours 20 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM