Elton John to testify before Senate hearing on AIDS
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
Sir Elton John, in his capacity as chairman of the Elton John AIDS Foundation, will testify Thursday before the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions to address the need to increase government funding for the global battle against HIV/AIDS. Prior to the hearing, the International AIDS Trust and the Elton John AIDS Foundation will host an invitation-only breakfast for members of Congress, African ambassadors, and HIV/AIDS activists.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- QUIZ: Are You Afraid of Gay PDA?
- Michigan: GOP Candidate With Felony-Fetish Arrests Warns Against 'Homosexual Agenda'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Alaska Appeals As Marriage Equality Heads South?