Elton John to testify before Senate hearing on AIDS
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
Sir Elton John, in his capacity as chairman of the Elton John AIDS Foundation, will testify Thursday before the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions to address the need to increase government funding for the global battle against HIV/AIDS. Prior to the hearing, the International AIDS Trust and the Elton John AIDS Foundation will host an invitation-only breakfast for members of Congress, African ambassadors, and HIV/AIDS activists.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere