Elton John to testify before Senate hearing on AIDS
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 11 2002 12:00 AM ET
Sir Elton John, in his capacity as chairman of the Elton John AIDS Foundation, will testify Thursday before the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions to address the need to increase government funding for the global battle against HIV/AIDS. Prior to the hearing, the International AIDS Trust and the Elton John AIDS Foundation will host an invitation-only breakfast for members of Congress, African ambassadors, and HIV/AIDS activists.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- STUDY: Number of Married Same-Sex Couples Up by 50 Percent in Three Years