Notorious C.H.O. gets distributor, festival date
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 24 2002 12:00 AM ET
Notorious C.H.O., the latest concert film from comedian Margaret Cho--who has said she prefers the label "slutty" to "bisexual"--will be making its way into theaters across the country this summer. The Hollywood Reporter notes that Wellspring Media has acquired worldwide rights to the film, a 90-minute stand-up routine shot in Seattle during Cho's recent 37-city North American tour.
The film is set to debut theatrically in Los Angeles on June 28 and in New York on July 3 before rolling out nationwide, but New Yorkers who want a sneak peek can catch the film on June 6, where it will be the opening night feature of the 14th annual New York Lesbian and Gay Film Festival. The festival has also announced that its closing night film will be Stanley Kwan's acclaimed Lan Yu.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- An Open Letter from a Transgender Rabbi to Trans Teens Everywhere