Notorious C.H.O. gets distributor, festival date
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 24 2002 12:00 AM ET
Notorious C.H.O., the latest concert film from comedian Margaret Cho--who has said she prefers the label "slutty" to "bisexual"--will be making its way into theaters across the country this summer. The Hollywood Reporter notes that Wellspring Media has acquired worldwide rights to the film, a 90-minute stand-up routine shot in Seattle during Cho's recent 37-city North American tour.
The film is set to debut theatrically in Los Angeles on June 28 and in New York on July 3 before rolling out nationwide, but New Yorkers who want a sneak peek can catch the film on June 6, where it will be the opening night feature of the 14th annual New York Lesbian and Gay Film Festival. The festival has also announced that its closing night film will be Stanley Kwan's acclaimed Lan Yu.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad