Notorious C.H.O. gets distributor, festival date
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 24 2002 12:00 AM ET
Notorious C.H.O., the latest concert film from comedian Margaret Cho--who has said she prefers the label "slutty" to "bisexual"--will be making its way into theaters across the country this summer. The Hollywood Reporter notes that Wellspring Media has acquired worldwide rights to the film, a 90-minute stand-up routine shot in Seattle during Cho's recent 37-city North American tour.
The film is set to debut theatrically in Los Angeles on June 28 and in New York on July 3 before rolling out nationwide, but New Yorkers who want a sneak peek can catch the film on June 6, where it will be the opening night feature of the 14th annual New York Lesbian and Gay Film Festival. The festival has also announced that its closing night film will be Stanley Kwan's acclaimed Lan Yu.
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
- Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope'
- Advocate.com | Gay News | The Advocate | The World's Leading Source for LGBT News and Entertainment
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Youth Give Homeless LGBT Youth a 'Shred of Hope' 2 hours 44 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 4:00 AM
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM