François Ozon's latest gets prestige spot at Toronto Film Festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 18 2002 12:00 AM ET
Huit Femmes (8 Women), the acclaimed new feature from gay filmmaker François Ozon (Criminal Lovers, Under the Sand) will be featured as a "Special Presentation" at this fall's Toronto International Film Festival, reports indieWIRE.com. Other international titles in the section include Edoardo Ponti's Between Strangers, Ken Loach's Sweet Sixteen, Mike Leigh's All or Nothing, and Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away. Ozon's 8 Women is a comedic murder mystery whose all-star lineup includes Catherine Deneuve, Isabelle Huppert, Emmanuelle Béart, Fanny Ardant, Virginie Ledoyen, Danielle Darrieux, Ludivine Sagnier, and Firmine Richard.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- New Details Emerge as Officials Rule Leelah Alcorn's Death a 'Suicide'
- Op-ed: Helping Gays Find Love Isn't Easy, Especially In the South
- British Diplomats Exchange Vows at U.K. Embassy in Japan
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers