François Ozon's latest gets prestige spot at Toronto Film Festival
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 17 2002 11:00 PM ET
Huit Femmes (8 Women), the acclaimed new feature from gay filmmaker François Ozon (Criminal Lovers, Under the Sand) will be featured as a "Special Presentation" at this fall's Toronto International Film Festival, reports indieWIRE.com. Other international titles in the section include Edoardo Ponti's Between Strangers, Ken Loach's Sweet Sixteen, Mike Leigh's All or Nothing, and Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away. Ozon's 8 Women is a comedic murder mystery whose all-star lineup includes Catherine Deneuve, Isabelle Huppert, Emmanuelle Béart, Fanny Ardant, Virginie Ledoyen, Danielle Darrieux, Ludivine Sagnier, and Firmine Richard.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'