Out Survivor contestant to auction off SUV given to him by Rosie
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
The New York Post reports that John Carroll, the openly gay nurse from Survivor: Marquesas, is auctioning off the Saturn SUV that was given to him by Rosie O'Donnell. "I hate to do it," writes Carroll in his eBay listing, "however, I am selling the Saturn Vue that Rosie O'Donnell gave me to pay for law school! Plus, I am giving a percentage to charity. You get to pick the color, the interior, and all the options." O'Donnell gave the SUV to Carroll when he was a guest on her show, but he never ordered it; the vehicle will be ordered by the highest bidder. The former talk show host is a big fan of Survivor and plugged it often on her own program. O'Donnell also replaced host Bryant Gumbel on the Survivor: Marquesas finale in May.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument