Rock Hudson-Doris Day vehicle to come back as False Advertising
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 26 2002 11:00 PM ET
The 1961 comedy Lover Come Back--one of three Rock Hudson-Doris Day vehicles jam-packed with gay subtext--is being remade as False Advertising, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Universal Pictures and Shutt/Jones Prods. purchased the pitch from screenwriters Abdi Nazemian and Micah Schraft, whose script My Best Friend's Boyfriend is currently in production at Fox Searchlight.
Out Oscar-winning producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen (American Beauty) are currently shooting Down With Love, an homage to the Hudson-Day comedies, with Ewan McGregor.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM