Rock Hudson-Doris Day vehicle to come back as False Advertising
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
The 1961 comedy Lover Come Back--one of three Rock Hudson-Doris Day vehicles jam-packed with gay subtext--is being remade as False Advertising, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Universal Pictures and Shutt/Jones Prods. purchased the pitch from screenwriters Abdi Nazemian and Micah Schraft, whose script My Best Friend's Boyfriend is currently in production at Fox Searchlight.
Out Oscar-winning producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen (American Beauty) are currently shooting Down With Love, an homage to the Hudson-Day comedies, with Ewan McGregor.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- The End of Bullying WATCH: It Already Got Better for This Colorado Student 27 min 1 sec ago
- Women Kaitlyn Hunt Refuses Plea, Heads to Court Over Same-Sex High School Relationship 36 min 46 sec ago
- Politics Ukrainian LGBT Pride Event Blocked 52 min 58 sec ago
- Sports MMA Fighter in First Fight Since Revealing Gender Transition 1 hour 25 min ago
- Women Op-Ed: Remembering Sakia Gunn: the News Coverage and Homophobic Murder 1 hour 57 min ago
- Politics Puerto Rico House Approves Antidiscrimination Bill 2 hours 6 min ago
- Entertainment News Week in Geek: Star Trek Actor Gets Wet and Naked, Justice League, and More 2 hours 53 min ago