Rock Hudson-Doris Day vehicle to come back as False Advertising
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 26 2002 11:00 PM ET
The 1961 comedy Lover Come Back--one of three Rock Hudson-Doris Day vehicles jam-packed with gay subtext--is being remade as False Advertising, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Universal Pictures and Shutt/Jones Prods. purchased the pitch from screenwriters Abdi Nazemian and Micah Schraft, whose script My Best Friend's Boyfriend is currently in production at Fox Searchlight.
Out Oscar-winning producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen (American Beauty) are currently shooting Down With Love, an homage to the Hudson-Day comedies, with Ewan McGregor.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson