Rock Hudson-Doris Day vehicle to come back as False Advertising
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
The 1961 comedy Lover Come Back--one of three Rock Hudson-Doris Day vehicles jam-packed with gay subtext--is being remade as False Advertising, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Universal Pictures and Shutt/Jones Prods. purchased the pitch from screenwriters Abdi Nazemian and Micah Schraft, whose script My Best Friend's Boyfriend is currently in production at Fox Searchlight.
Out Oscar-winning producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen (American Beauty) are currently shooting Down With Love, an homage to the Hudson-Day comedies, with Ewan McGregor.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- RuPaul's Drag Race's Max: I Made a 'Grave Mistake'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Gay Dream Team of Michael Urie, Randy Harrison in Such Good People
- Fateful Typo Discovered in Ky Peterson's Sentencing