Rock Hudson-Doris Day vehicle to come back as False Advertising
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 27 2002 12:00 AM ET
The 1961 comedy Lover Come Back--one of three Rock Hudson-Doris Day vehicles jam-packed with gay subtext--is being remade as False Advertising, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Universal Pictures and Shutt/Jones Prods. purchased the pitch from screenwriters Abdi Nazemian and Micah Schraft, whose script My Best Friend's Boyfriend is currently in production at Fox Searchlight.
Out Oscar-winning producers Dan Jinks and Bruce Cohen (American Beauty) are currently shooting Down With Love, an homage to the Hudson-Day comedies, with Ewan McGregor.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- India Gets First Transgender TV News Anchor
- Catholics: Antigay Leaders Get Boot, a Progressive Becomes American Archbishop