George Michael puts house on market
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 13 2002 11:00 PM ET
Out singer George Michael is selling his west London mansion, one of England's most expensive houses, without ever having moved in, his spokeswoman said on Friday. Michael wants a reported $12.9 million for the Victorian house, a stone's throw from the homes of Madonna, David Bowie, and British model Liz Hurley. "He is selling the house in Chelsea," his agent said. "He never moved in; he lives in another house in north London. He bought it intending to move in but now has decided not to live there."
Although cheaper than some of Engalnd's biggest palaces and country houses, the house is among the most expensive in terms of money paid per square foot. The house has six bedrooms, its own tower, and a walled garden. It also comes with its own parking space, a luxury in traffic-clogged London. A short bus ride from central London, the property lies between South Kensington and Chelsea, two of the most desirable addresses in London. It dominates the quiet west London street where Ferraris and Porsches jostle for space under the watchful eye of private security cameras.
"This house always commands the most extraordinary price every time it sells," Jonathan Hewlett, of estate agent FPD Savills, told The [London] Times. Michael, 39, bought the house last year for a reported £7.25 million from British television and radio presenter Chris Evans.
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM