Newmarket Films acquires latest from Lukas Moodysson
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 18 2002 12:00 AM ET
Freshly hatched independent distributor Newmarket Films has acquired U.S. rights to Lilja 4-Ever, the latest film from director Lukas Moodysson, reports indieWIRE.com. Moodysson's previous features include the lesbian coming-of-age romance Show Me Love (Fucking Åmal) and the gay-inclusive commune comedy Together. Lilja tells the story of a Russian teenager who is left to live with an aunt after her mother moves to America.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'