Newmarket Films acquires latest from Lukas Moodysson
BY Advocate.com Editors
September 18 2002 12:00 AM ET
Freshly hatched independent distributor Newmarket Films has acquired U.S. rights to Lilja 4-Ever, the latest film from director Lukas Moodysson, reports indieWIRE.com. Moodysson's previous features include the lesbian coming-of-age romance Show Me Love (Fucking Åmal) and the gay-inclusive commune comedy Together. Lilja tells the story of a Russian teenager who is left to live with an aunt after her mother moves to America.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Lovingly Embrace Their LGBT Children