Ellen's talk show finds a home
BY Advocate.com Editors
January 09 2003 1:00 AM ET
The NBC Television Stations Division, which represents 14 local TV channels owned and operated by the network, has committed to picking up the one-hour syndicated talk-variety show The Ellen DeGeneres Show, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Those stations represent more than 30% of the country. "The Ellen DeGeneres Show will highlight DeGeneres's background in stand-up comedy and her 'everywoman' approach to life's everyday situations," said Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution president Dick Robertson. "Her relatability to women is extraordinary."
- BREAKING: Kentucky Clerk Defies Supreme Court, Denies Same-Sex Couples Marriage Licenses
- WATCH: That Other Defiant Kentucky Clerk Named Davis Invokes 'Higher Power'
- Freeheld: Love In the Time of Cancer
- Why Are We Gay?
- Op-ed: How The Danish Girl Helped Me Discover Myself
- WATCH: Antigay Ky. Clerk Inadvertently Married This Queer Couple