McKellen wants to keep on playing Gandalf
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2003 1:00 AM ET
With just one more of the Lord of the Rings movies to be released theatrically, out actor Sir Ian McKellen tells Time magazine that he'd like to extend his time filling the magical shoes of wizard Gandalf the Grey. "I want to play Gandalf again, in The Hobbit," says McKellen. "I've asked Peter Jackson if he'll produce the prequel as a huge, yearlong television series. All those different strands to the story seem perfect for TV, and we'd do every scene of it. It could be marvelous." McKellen, who just opened on London's West End in August Strindberg's Dance of Death, will next be seen on-screen in the sequel to X-Men.
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Op-ed: The Slow Death of Gay Gathering Places May Be Aiding HIV
- Artist Spotlight: Julian Hsiung