McKellen wants to keep on playing Gandalf
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2003 1:00 AM ET
With just one more of the Lord of the Rings movies to be released theatrically, out actor Sir Ian McKellen tells Time magazine that he'd like to extend his time filling the magical shoes of wizard Gandalf the Grey. "I want to play Gandalf again, in The Hobbit," says McKellen. "I've asked Peter Jackson if he'll produce the prequel as a huge, yearlong television series. All those different strands to the story seem perfect for TV, and we'd do every scene of it. It could be marvelous." McKellen, who just opened on London's West End in August Strindberg's Dance of Death, will next be seen on-screen in the sequel to X-Men.
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- Teen Jerusalem Pride Marcher Dies From Stabbing
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Greg Louganis on Caitlyn Jenner: 'We All Have Our Own Journeys'