McKellen wants to keep on playing Gandalf
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2003 1:00 AM ET
With just one more of the Lord of the Rings movies to be released theatrically, out actor Sir Ian McKellen tells Time magazine that he'd like to extend his time filling the magical shoes of wizard Gandalf the Grey. "I want to play Gandalf again, in The Hobbit," says McKellen. "I've asked Peter Jackson if he'll produce the prequel as a huge, yearlong television series. All those different strands to the story seem perfect for TV, and we'd do every scene of it. It could be marvelous." McKellen, who just opened on London's West End in August Strindberg's Dance of Death, will next be seen on-screen in the sequel to X-Men.
- WATCH: Kentucky Clerk Defies Court Again, Turns Away Same-Sex Couple a Third Time
- TBT: Mid-Century Dreamboats
- Trayvon Martin Killer George Zimmerman Proves He's a Racist Homophobe
- Why This Latina Photographer Documented the Moment She Came Out to Her Parents
- WATCH: Did a Texas Chef Refuse to Cater This Couple's Wedding?
- Illinois Bishop Reminds Gay Parents: Catholic Schools Will Teach You're Sinning