McKellen wants to keep on playing Gandalf
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 06 2003 1:00 AM ET
With just one more of the Lord of the Rings movies to be released theatrically, out actor Sir Ian McKellen tells Time magazine that he'd like to extend his time filling the magical shoes of wizard Gandalf the Grey. "I want to play Gandalf again, in The Hobbit," says McKellen. "I've asked Peter Jackson if he'll produce the prequel as a huge, yearlong television series. All those different strands to the story seem perfect for TV, and we'd do every scene of it. It could be marvelous." McKellen, who just opened on London's West End in August Strindberg's Dance of Death, will next be seen on-screen in the sequel to X-Men.
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Lesbian-Led U.S Women Are One Win Away From The World Cup!
- Mike Huckabee: Selfish 'Redefinition of Love' Is Destroying Marriage
- Demi Lovato Falls Promoting Bi-curious Anthem, Embraces Accident with Video Post
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights