In the midst of war, Uncle Saddam comes to video
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 28 2003 1:00 AM ET
BBC News reports that Uncle Saddam, out filmmaker Joel Soler's satirical documentary about Saddam Hussein, will be released on home video in the United States on Tuesday, April 1, and in the United Kingdom on Wednesday, April 2. Distributor Xenon Pictures says the timing of the video's release during the current war "is mere coincidence" and that they hope the documentary--which explores Saddam's convoluted familial politics, his use of propaganda, and even his lectures to aides regarding how often they should shower--will give viewers "a candid look at the enigmatic Iraqi tyrant."
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- PHOTOS: Meet the First Trans Man to Win a Gay Games Gold in Powerlifting
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg on Marriage Decision: 'No Need For Us to Rush'
- WATCH: Antigay Billboard Sparks Controversy in Tenn.