Chicago becomes Miramax's top grosser
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that the Oscar-winning Chicago--which boasts a gay director, producer, screenwriter, and executive producers--has become Miramax Films' top-grossing film ever. The musical reached that plateau Monday night, when it broke the $157 million mark held by the studio's previous top earner, Scary Movie, which was released by the studio's Dimension division. The highest-grossing Miramax title before Chicago was Good Will Hunting, which was directed by gay filmmaker Gus Van Sant.
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'