Chicago becomes Miramax's top grosser
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 17 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that the Oscar-winning Chicago--which boasts a gay director, producer, screenwriter, and executive producers--has become Miramax Films' top-grossing film ever. The musical reached that plateau Monday night, when it broke the $157 million mark held by the studio's previous top earner, Scary Movie, which was released by the studio's Dimension division. The highest-grossing Miramax title before Chicago was Good Will Hunting, which was directed by gay filmmaker Gus Van Sant.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- Artist Spotlight: Julian Hsiung
- WATCH: StoryCorps Founder Discuss Gay Dad in Inspiring TED Talk