Chicago becomes Miramax's top grosser
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 16 2003 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that the Oscar-winning Chicago--which boasts a gay director, producer, screenwriter, and executive producers--has become Miramax Films' top-grossing film ever. The musical reached that plateau Monday night, when it broke the $157 million mark held by the studio's previous top earner, Scary Movie, which was released by the studio's Dimension division. The highest-grossing Miramax title before Chicago was Good Will Hunting, which was directed by gay filmmaker Gus Van Sant.
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Op-ed: Madonna, My Father, and a Life Outside a Tiny Island
- Ben Carson: Gays Might Find Poison in Wedding Cakes
- Pope Francis Holds Private Meeting With Transgender Man and Fiancée
- PHOTOS: Wedding Magazine Shows Off Gender-Fluid Fashion 'For Us All'