Chicago becomes Miramax's top grosser
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 16 2003 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that the Oscar-winning Chicago--which boasts a gay director, producer, screenwriter, and executive producers--has become Miramax Films' top-grossing film ever. The musical reached that plateau Monday night, when it broke the $157 million mark held by the studio's previous top earner, Scary Movie, which was released by the studio's Dimension division. The highest-grossing Miramax title before Chicago was Good Will Hunting, which was directed by gay filmmaker Gus Van Sant.
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- New Suicide Hotline Dedicated to Trans People Now Open for Calls
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'