Take Me Out receives four Outer Critics Circle nominations
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
Richard Greenberg's acclaimed play Take Me Out, about a professional baseball player who comes out of the closet, has received four nominations for the 53rd annual Outer Critics Circle Awards. The show is up in the categories of Outstanding Broadway Play, Outstanding Direction of a Play (out director Joe Mantello), Outstanding Actor in a Play (Daniel Sunjata), and Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play (Denis O'Hare). The winners will be announced May 5 and presented on May 29.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'