Take Me Out receives four Outer Critics Circle nominations
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
Richard Greenberg's acclaimed play Take Me Out, about a professional baseball player who comes out of the closet, has received four nominations for the 53rd annual Outer Critics Circle Awards. The show is up in the categories of Outstanding Broadway Play, Outstanding Direction of a Play (out director Joe Mantello), Outstanding Actor in a Play (Daniel Sunjata), and Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play (Denis O'Hare). The winners will be announced May 5 and presented on May 29.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People