Take Me Out receives four Outer Critics Circle nominations
BY Advocate.com Editors
April 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
Richard Greenberg's acclaimed play Take Me Out, about a professional baseball player who comes out of the closet, has received four nominations for the 53rd annual Outer Critics Circle Awards. The show is up in the categories of Outstanding Broadway Play, Outstanding Direction of a Play (out director Joe Mantello), Outstanding Actor in a Play (Daniel Sunjata), and Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play (Denis O'Hare). The winners will be announced May 5 and presented on May 29.
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Smacks Down States Resisting Marriage Equality
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- WATCH: The Surprising Way GOP Candidates Define 'Discrimination'
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation