Alec Baldwin to play Halston in screen bio from Killer Films
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 20 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Alec Baldwin is attached to play the title role in Simply Halston, the story of the life and death of the legendary gay designer, which will be directed by Dan Minahan (Series 7: The Contenders). Halston is one of several projects being shopped at the Cannes Film Festival by Killer Films, the independent film outfit co-owned by out producer Christine Vachon. The Killer slate also includes Todd Haynes's Bob Dylan project; Mrs. Harris, about headmistress Jean Harris and her murder of diet doctor Dr. Herman Tarnower; Bruce Wagner's Special Needs; Bettie Page, starring Gretchen Mol as the legendary 1950s pinup girl, to be directed by Mary Herron from a script by Herron and Guinevere Turner (American Psycho); and new features from Tom Kalin (Swoon) and George C. Wolfe.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- RuPaul Slays in New Video 'Modern Love'
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win