Alec Baldwin to play Halston in screen bio from Killer Films
BY Advocate.com Editors
May 20 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Alec Baldwin is attached to play the title role in Simply Halston, the story of the life and death of the legendary gay designer, which will be directed by Dan Minahan (Series 7: The Contenders). Halston is one of several projects being shopped at the Cannes Film Festival by Killer Films, the independent film outfit co-owned by out producer Christine Vachon. The Killer slate also includes Todd Haynes's Bob Dylan project; Mrs. Harris, about headmistress Jean Harris and her murder of diet doctor Dr. Herman Tarnower; Bruce Wagner's Special Needs; Bettie Page, starring Gretchen Mol as the legendary 1950s pinup girl, to be directed by Mary Herron from a script by Herron and Guinevere Turner (American Psycho); and new features from Tom Kalin (Swoon) and George C. Wolfe.
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer