Renee Zellweger the latest to step up to the mike for proposed Janis Joplin biopic
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Renee Zellweger will portray famed bisexual rocker Janis Joplin in Piece of My Heart, which Paramount Pictures and Lakeshore hope to start shooting in early 2004. The project comes after numerous attempts at bringing Joplin's life to the screen, with proposed actresses including Brittany Murphy and Melissa Etheridge. Paramount chair Sherry Lansing has high hopes for the project: "Janis Joplin's life is a story that needs to be told, and there is no one better to portray her than Renee Zellweger."
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- In Op-ed, Indiana Governor Claims New Law Not Discriminatory