Renee Zellweger the latest to step up to the mike for proposed Janis Joplin biopic
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 20 2003 11:00 PM ET
Variety reports that Renee Zellweger will portray famed bisexual rocker Janis Joplin in Piece of My Heart, which Paramount Pictures and Lakeshore hope to start shooting in early 2004. The project comes after numerous attempts at bringing Joplin's life to the screen, with proposed actresses including Brittany Murphy and Melissa Etheridge. Paramount chair Sherry Lansing has high hopes for the project: "Janis Joplin's life is a story that needs to be told, and there is no one better to portray her than Renee Zellweger."
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Reality Special My Husband’s Not Gay: Deep in Denial?
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Op-ed: Trans Glamour Versus Trans Activism
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment