Renee Zellweger the latest to step up to the mike for proposed Janis Joplin biopic
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2003 12:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Renee Zellweger will portray famed bisexual rocker Janis Joplin in Piece of My Heart, which Paramount Pictures and Lakeshore hope to start shooting in early 2004. The project comes after numerous attempts at bringing Joplin's life to the screen, with proposed actresses including Brittany Murphy and Melissa Etheridge. Paramount chair Sherry Lansing has high hopes for the project: "Janis Joplin's life is a story that needs to be told, and there is no one better to portray her than Renee Zellweger."
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Another Event Moves; Gay Hotel Owners Apologize for Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- The Backlash
- Op-ed: Drag Race's Prison-Themed Challenge Raised Uncomfortable Questions
- Op-ed: This 12-Year-Old With Two Moms Has a Plea for All Teens
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'