Two new gigs for Hilary Rosen
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 21 2003 12:00 AM ET
Hilary Rosen is stepping down as head of the Recording Industry Association of America, but Variety reports the out lesbian will be taking on two new roles: RIAA consultant and CNBC pundit. In addition to her new role as consultant to the industry trade organization, Rosen will, starting August 1, appear once a week on the CNBC shows Squawk Box, Open Exchange With Tyler Mathisen, and Captial Report With Alan Murray and Gloria Borger, discussing issues relating to the media and entertainment businesses. "It's a great opportunity and a good excuse to stay up on the issues," Rosen told Variety. "But I'm not sanguine that my entire career future will be in front of a camera."
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Outrage After Major Minn. Paper Sells Transphobic Coalition Full-Page Ad
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre