Steven Cojocaru to report for Entertainment Tonight
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 25 2003 11:00 PM ET
Steven Cojocaru is joining the Entertainment Tonight family. Beginning in August he'll do celebrity interviews, monitor pop-culture trends, and provide fashion commentary for the syndicated TV show. Basically, Cojocaru is the new man about town--make that two towns--for ET. "I'm in L.A. and New York on a weekly basis, and I think that was attractive to ET--that I can be in two places at the same time," Cojocaru said in a phone interview with the Associated Press. "I already had a passport to Celebrityland, but I think I'm moving up to the first-class cabin."
The deal with Paramount Domestic Television, signed Tuesday, allows Cojocaru to maintain his position as People magazine's West Coast style editor and his weekly fashion segment on NBC's Today show. "He's a great asset for Entertainment Tonight because the biggest stars trust him and want to be around him," said the show's executive producer, Linda Bell Blue. Terry Wood, Paramount's executive vice president of programming, said this might be a launching pad for bigger things. "We expect his appearances on ET to evolve into Steven's own signature series," she said.
Cojocaru, who neither confirms nor denies rumors concerning his sexuality, would like his first big interview to be with Jennifer Lopez. "I'd love to sit down with J.Lo, do the pre- and post-wedding interview. Maybe J.Lo and Ben [Affleck] would like to invite me on their honeymoon," Cojocaru said.
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW 58 min 27 sec ago
- Religion Archbishop of NY Applauds NFL Hopeful Michael Sam for Coming Out 5:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine 1:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM