Sylvia Sichel to adapt Snake Hips for the screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 21 2003 11:00 PM ET
MGM specialty film unit United Artists has inked a deal to option rights to a big-screen adaptation of Anne Thomas Soffee's acclaimed memoir Snake Hips. Out screenwriter Sylvia Sichel (All Over Me, If These Walls Could Talk 2) has been tapped to adapt the Snake Hips screenplay, which follows Soffee, a Lebanese-American who moves back in with her parents following a breakup with a loser tattoo artist. Wallowing in self-pity and coping with being single, Soffee discovers the riotous world of belly dancing against the wishes of her family and reconnects with her roots in the process.
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'