Sylvia Sichel to adapt Snake Hips for the screen
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 22 2003 12:00 AM ET
MGM specialty film unit United Artists has inked a deal to option rights to a big-screen adaptation of Anne Thomas Soffee's acclaimed memoir Snake Hips. Out screenwriter Sylvia Sichel (All Over Me, If These Walls Could Talk 2) has been tapped to adapt the Snake Hips screenplay, which follows Soffee, a Lebanese-American who moves back in with her parents following a breakup with a loser tattoo artist. Wallowing in self-pity and coping with being single, Soffee discovers the riotous world of belly dancing against the wishes of her family and reconnects with her roots in the process.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- George Takei Joins Gamers in Shunning Indiana