HRC to honor Barbra Streisand
BY Advocate.com Editors
October 16 2003 12:00 AM ET
The gay rights group Human Rights Campaign announced Tuesday that it will honor Barbra Streisand with its Humanitarian Award at the annual HRC gala at Los Angeles's Century Plaza Hotel on March 6, 2004. The performer-filmmaker will be honored, according to an HRC statement, "for her years of leadership, vision, and activism in the fight for civil liberties, including religion, race, gender equality, and freedom of speech, as well as all aspects of gay rights." HRC executive director Elizabeth Birch added, "The GLBT community and the nation have been enriched by Ms. Streisand. Her passion and leadership are important to all Americans, and we are overjoyed that she has agreed to accept this award."
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word