Anne Hathaway and Randy Quaid join Brokeback Mountain cast
April 01 2004 12:00 AM ET
Anne Hathaway (The Princess Diaries, Ella Enchanted) and Randy Quaid are joining Ang Lee's gay cowboy love story Brokeback Mountain for Focus Features. Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal are starring, with James Schamus, Michael Costigan, Diana Ossana, and Larry McMurtry producing. Adapted by McMurtry and Ossana from a short story by E. Annie Proulx (The Shipping News), the story centers on two men (Ledger and Gyllenhaal) who meet one summer as sheepherders in Wyoming and form a bond of love that spans 20 years. Hathaway plays the strong-willed ex-rodeo queen wife of Gyllenhaal's character, while Quaid will play the hard-bitten foreman who employs the two cowboys. Michelle Williams has already been cast as the wife of Ledger's character.
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Women WATCH: Ellen Will Tell You if She and Portia Are Getting Divorced! 4 min 33 sec ago
- World News Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance' 15 min 51 sec ago
- Travel PHOTOS: Whet Your Appetite for Gay Polo's Biggest Event 17 min 16 sec ago
- The Wedding Channel Coast Guard Academy Sees First Same-Sex Engagement Announcement 21 min 5 sec ago
- Television Behind The Candelabra Leads Golden Globes' TV Awards With 4 Noms 1 hour 4 min ago
- Comedy WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Have Aggressive Christmas Spirit 2 hours 59 min ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM