Strand acquires John Greyson's Proteus
April 03 2004 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Strand Releasing has acquired Proteus, the lastest film from out Canadian director John Greyson (Lilies, Zero Patience). The drama, set in early-18th-century South Africa, is loosely based on a real-life interracial gay love story between a black prisoner and a Dutch sailor. Proteus will play gay film festivals this summer in anticipation of a fall release.
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- Audra McDonald Rips Indiana Governor Over Law
- Texas Successfully Blocks New Federal Rights for Gay Couples
- Trans Teen Activist, Former Homecoming King, Dies in Charlotte, N.C.
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Gov. Mike Pence Just Gave Indiana a 'License to Discriminate'