Strand acquires John Greyson's Proteus
April 03 2004 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Strand Releasing has acquired Proteus, the lastest film from out Canadian director John Greyson (Lilies, Zero Patience). The drama, set in early-18th-century South Africa, is loosely based on a real-life interracial gay love story between a black prisoner and a Dutch sailor. Proteus will play gay film festivals this summer in anticipation of a fall release.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- WATCH: Texas B&B Boots Gay Couple, Gets Banned From Airbnb
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam