Strand acquires John Greyson's Proteus
April 03 2004 1:00 AM ET
Variety reports that Strand Releasing has acquired Proteus, the lastest film from out Canadian director John Greyson (Lilies, Zero Patience). The drama, set in early-18th-century South Africa, is loosely based on a real-life interracial gay love story between a black prisoner and a Dutch sailor. Proteus will play gay film festivals this summer in anticipation of a fall release.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups