Rudnick's Valhalla and Kushner's Caroline, or Change among top nominees for Lortel awards
April 07 2004 11:00 PM ET
Out playwrights Paul Rudnick and Tony Kushner are among the leaders of the pack for the 2003-2004 Lucille Lortel Awards, according to Variety. Rudnick's Valhalla received six nominations while Kushner's musical Caroline, or Change received five. Also in the running in several categories is out author Doug Wright's I Am My Own Wife, which snagged the 2004 Pulitzer Prize for Drama earlier this week, with four Lortel nominations. The awards, which honor achievement in off-Broadway theater, will be presented May 3 in New York City. For a complete list of nominees, visit www.Lortel.org.
- WATCH: The 12 Gayest Holiday Spectaculars Ever!
- Op-ed: What I Didn't Learn in Catholic School
- 13 Classic Companies Top HRC's New Corporate Equality Index
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- Bryan Singer Announces News for Next X-Men Film
- Antigay Think Tank Could Use a Copy Editor
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit December 09 2013 9:41 PM
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke December 09 2013 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square December 09 2013 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? December 09 2013 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album December 09 2013 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS December 09 2013 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback December 09 2013 4:10 PM