Rudnick's Valhalla and Kushner's Caroline, or Change among top nominees for Lortel awards
April 08 2004 12:00 AM ET
Out playwrights Paul Rudnick and Tony Kushner are among the leaders of the pack for the 2003-2004 Lucille Lortel Awards, according to Variety. Rudnick's Valhalla received six nominations while Kushner's musical Caroline, or Change received five. Also in the running in several categories is out author Doug Wright's I Am My Own Wife, which snagged the 2004 Pulitzer Prize for Drama earlier this week, with four Lortel nominations. The awards, which honor achievement in off-Broadway theater, will be presented May 3 in New York City. For a complete list of nominees, visit www.Lortel.org.
- PHOTOS: Men Over 50, 3rd Edition
- WATCH: Being Gay Is 'Death Worthy,' According to Georgia Church Sign
- Mayweather, Pacquiao: Two Checkered Pasts with LGBTs, One with Women
- Rick Santorum Defends Bruce Jenner: 'He's a Woman'
- WATCH: Jon Stewart's Hilarious Take on This Week's Supreme Court Arguments
- Argentina Makes History With Three-Parent Birth Certificate