Rudnick's Valhalla and Kushner's Caroline, or Change among top nominees for Lortel awards
April 07 2004 11:00 PM ET
Out playwrights Paul Rudnick and Tony Kushner are among the leaders of the pack for the 2003-2004 Lucille Lortel Awards, according to Variety. Rudnick's Valhalla received six nominations while Kushner's musical Caroline, or Change received five. Also in the running in several categories is out author Doug Wright's I Am My Own Wife, which snagged the 2004 Pulitzer Prize for Drama earlier this week, with four Lortel nominations. The awards, which honor achievement in off-Broadway theater, will be presented May 3 in New York City. For a complete list of nominees, visit www.Lortel.org.
- Federal Judge Rules for Marriage Equality in Arkansas
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Right-Wing Group Targets Trans-Friendly Federal Nominee
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?