La Cage aux Folles revival headed for Broadway at the end of the year
May 08 2004 12:00 AM ET
Playbill.com reports that a revival of Harvey Fierstein and Jerry Herman's 1983 stage musical La Cage aux Folles is headed for previews on Broadway in November in anticipation of a December opening. The multiple Tony award-winning musical, based on the 1978 French film, is a farce about a middle-aged gay couple dealing with their impending in-law-dom with a pair of upstanding bigots. The original run of the Broadway musical opened August 21, 1983, and ran for 1,761 performances.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Shonda Rhimes to Antigay Viewer: 'Bye Felicia'
- Obama: Constitution 'Does Guarantee Same-Sex Marriage in All 50 States'
- 'God's Not Afraid of New Things,' Pope Tells Antigay Bishops
- WATCH: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sees 'No Crying Need' for SCOTUS to Take Up Marriage
- Philadelphia's First LGBT Liaison, Gloria Casarez, Dead at 42