La Cage aux Folles revival headed for Broadway at the end of the year
May 08 2004 12:00 AM ET
Playbill.com reports that a revival of Harvey Fierstein and Jerry Herman's 1983 stage musical La Cage aux Folles is headed for previews on Broadway in November in anticipation of a December opening. The multiple Tony award-winning musical, based on the 1978 French film, is a farce about a middle-aged gay couple dealing with their impending in-law-dom with a pair of upstanding bigots. The original run of the Broadway musical opened August 21, 1983, and ran for 1,761 performances.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: Leelah Alcorn 'Ciswashed' by the Media, White House
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community