La Cage aux Folles revival headed for Broadway at the end of the year
May 07 2004 11:00 PM ET
Playbill.com reports that a revival of Harvey Fierstein and Jerry Herman's 1983 stage musical La Cage aux Folles is headed for previews on Broadway in November in anticipation of a December opening. The multiple Tony award-winning musical, based on the 1978 French film, is a farce about a middle-aged gay couple dealing with their impending in-law-dom with a pair of upstanding bigots. The original run of the Broadway musical opened August 21, 1983, and ran for 1,761 performances.
- WATCH: Mom Affirms Her Love in Son's Coming-Out Video
- Wives Want To Know If Their Husbands Are Gay
- Op-ed: We're Here, We're Queer, We're Not Part of a Pair
- WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Says Pat Robertson
- Defending Anti-LGBT Laws, Putin Slams 'Genderless, Fruitless Tolerance'
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- Travel VIDEO: Travel Helps People Live Longer, Says Study 6 min 21 sec ago
- Religion WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Warns Robertson 38 min 35 sec ago
- Women 3 Gay Lady-Related Golden Globe Nominations that Make Us Happy! 2 hours 21 min ago
- Coming Out WATCH: Mom Affirms Love in Son's Coming-Out Video 2 hours 44 min ago
- People Photo of the Day: DLB and Tom Daley Share a Moment in Houston 2 hours 52 min ago
- Entertainment News Damien Lewis vs. Ian McKellen: Homeland Actor Apologizes 3:39 PM
- Politics WATCH: Right-Wing 'Documentary' Tries to Defend 'Ex-Gay' Therapy 3:31 PM