Sandra Oh joins Heather Graham in new film by out director Nisha Ganatra
May 13 2004 12:00 AM ET
First Look Media has iced a deal to gobble up international rights to Cake, starring Heather Graham. The film begins shooting this month in Canada. Sandra Oh (Under the Tuscan Sun) has just signed on to join the cast for out director Nisha Ganatra (Chutney Popcorn), who will direct the project from a screenplay by Tassie Camero. Cake follows Graham as a free-spirited travel writer and adventurer whose phobia of relationships is tested after she accepts an offer to take over her father's business, a conservative bridal magazine called Wedding Bells.
First Look president and CEO Bill Lischak said, "Nisha Ganatra, known for the honest and youthful directing style in Cosmopolitan and the festival hit Chutney Popcorn, is a perfect director for this quirky yet modern wedding comedy. We're excited to add a lighthearted but strong-willed romantic comedy to our very diverse film slate."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Out Photographer Slammed for Gay Iwo Jima Re-Creation
- The Marriage Equality Photo Seen Round the World
- The World Is Finally Ready For the Lost Recordings of '70s Gay Rockers Smokey
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality