Sandra Oh joins Heather Graham in new film by out director Nisha Ganatra
May 13 2004 12:00 AM ET
First Look Media has iced a deal to gobble up international rights to Cake, starring Heather Graham. The film begins shooting this month in Canada. Sandra Oh (Under the Tuscan Sun) has just signed on to join the cast for out director Nisha Ganatra (Chutney Popcorn), who will direct the project from a screenplay by Tassie Camero. Cake follows Graham as a free-spirited travel writer and adventurer whose phobia of relationships is tested after she accepts an offer to take over her father's business, a conservative bridal magazine called Wedding Bells.
First Look president and CEO Bill Lischak said, "Nisha Ganatra, known for the honest and youthful directing style in Cosmopolitan and the festival hit Chutney Popcorn, is a perfect director for this quirky yet modern wedding comedy. We're excited to add a lighthearted but strong-willed romantic comedy to our very diverse film slate."
- Michael Sam Passed Over By Every NFL Team
- Op-ed: In The Long Run, Michael Sam Being Cut Was About Homophobia
- WATCH: Gay Teen Explains What Bible Really Says
- Op-ed: HIV Is No Longer A Death Sentence But It Still Isn't Easy
- Op-ed: Miley's Date Proves Homelessness Is the Real Crime
- 7 Brave Campuses for LGBT Students in the South