Randal Kleiser to direct Amanda Bynes in Lovewrecked
May 28 2004 12:00 AM ET
Teen star Amanda Bynes is setting sail in Lovewrecked, a romantic comedy that starts shooting in June in the Caribbean. Bynes will play an 18-year-old girl who is ecstatic when she finds that her favorite rock star is a guest at the tropical resort where she is working for the summer. When they are both thrown overboard during a cruise, she finds herself stranded alone with him on what they think is a remote beach. Casting is under way for the other roles. Out filmmaker Randal Kleiser will direct the indie film, having ventured into similar territory with The Blue Lagoon in 1980. The project marks Bynes's first starring role after What a Girl Wants, which was released by Warner Bros. a year ago. She is due to head back to her WB Network series What I Like About You in the fall.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers