Randal Kleiser to direct Amanda Bynes in Lovewrecked
May 27 2004 11:00 PM ET
Teen star Amanda Bynes is setting sail in Lovewrecked, a romantic comedy that starts shooting in June in the Caribbean. Bynes will play an 18-year-old girl who is ecstatic when she finds that her favorite rock star is a guest at the tropical resort where she is working for the summer. When they are both thrown overboard during a cruise, she finds herself stranded alone with him on what they think is a remote beach. Casting is under way for the other roles. Out filmmaker Randal Kleiser will direct the indie film, having ventured into similar territory with The Blue Lagoon in 1980. The project marks Bynes's first starring role after What a Girl Wants, which was released by Warner Bros. a year ago. She is due to head back to her WB Network series What I Like About You in the fall.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View