Reports say pop star Will Young in romance with soccer player
October 07 2004 12:00 AM ET
Sky News reports that out British pop idol Will Young is thought to be involved with a soccer player in Young's hometown of Hungerford in Berkshire but that the affair is being kept under wraps because the athlete is keeping his sexuality a secret. Britain's Daily Star quotes an insider who says, "It's well known at the player's club that he is gay, but what he keeps very quiet are the circles he hangs around in. They met while Will was in his hometown, and things have gone from there. They get on really well and have got a lot of friends in common. Unfortunately, though, they fear they will never be able to come out properly because he is a footballer, and it's not the done thing to admit this." Young came out shortly after winning the first edition of Pop Idol--the precursor to American Idol--and has gone on to have a very successful recording career in the United Kingdom.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- Ala. Senate Passes Bill That Would End Marriage Licenses
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- Priest Dismissed by Catholic College Comes Out as Gay