Reports say pop star Will Young in romance with soccer player
October 07 2004 12:00 AM ET
Sky News reports that out British pop idol Will Young is thought to be involved with a soccer player in Young's hometown of Hungerford in Berkshire but that the affair is being kept under wraps because the athlete is keeping his sexuality a secret. Britain's Daily Star quotes an insider who says, "It's well known at the player's club that he is gay, but what he keeps very quiet are the circles he hangs around in. They met while Will was in his hometown, and things have gone from there. They get on really well and have got a lot of friends in common. Unfortunately, though, they fear they will never be able to come out properly because he is a footballer, and it's not the done thing to admit this." Young came out shortly after winning the first edition of Pop Idol--the precursor to American Idol--and has gone on to have a very successful recording career in the United Kingdom.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- 60 Homoerotic Album Covers
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Straight Talk With Years & Years' Olly Alexander, the U.K.'s New Gay Pop Star
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More More Racist Than Antigay?