Darren Star pops the big-screen question in 100 Weddings
October 23 2004 12:00 AM ET
Darren Star, the out TV maestro behind Sex and the City and Beverly Hills, 90210, is in negotiations to make his feature directing debut on the romantic comedy 100 Weddings. The story follows a cynical war reporter who gets demoted to the wedding beat, where she has to cover 100 weddings before she can get her old job back. Along the way, she finds love. The project is being produced by Working Title Films, the British company behind such films as High Fidelity, About a Boy, and the November 19 release Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. The script is from Ellen Simon and Erin Cramer. Star also created Melrose Place, Central Park West, and Miss Match.
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays?
- Trans Woman Sues CrossFit After Being Told to Compete in Men's Division
- WATCH: Gay Man's Grandfather Came Out to Him at 90 Years Old
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Anne Rice Announces New Vampire Chronicles Novel
- Couples/Personal Finances The Financial Effects of DOMA: Ushering in a New Year Money Minute 48 min 53 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Opera Director Gerard Mortier Dies at 70 1 hour 3 min ago
- Television MTV's Awkward Adds 2 New Gay Characters 1 hour 23 min ago
- Print Issue The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender 6:01 AM
- Current Issue Editor’s Letter: April/May Issue 5:01 AM
- Parenting Is Mr. Peabody & Sherman About Adoption by Gays? 4:00 AM
- Media Former Fox Sportscaster Claims Anti-Antigay Discrimination March 10 2014 9:37 PM