Darren Star pops the big-screen question in 100 Weddings
October 22 2004 11:00 PM ET
Darren Star, the out TV maestro behind Sex and the City and Beverly Hills, 90210, is in negotiations to make his feature directing debut on the romantic comedy 100 Weddings. The story follows a cynical war reporter who gets demoted to the wedding beat, where she has to cover 100 weddings before she can get her old job back. Along the way, she finds love. The project is being produced by Working Title Films, the British company behind such films as High Fidelity, About a Boy, and the November 19 release Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. The script is from Ellen Simon and Erin Cramer. Star also created Melrose Place, Central Park West, and Miss Match.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Hands Down, the Single Best Quote of 2014
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship