Darren Star pops the big-screen question in 100 Weddings
October 23 2004 12:00 AM ET
Darren Star, the out TV maestro behind Sex and the City and Beverly Hills, 90210, is in negotiations to make his feature directing debut on the romantic comedy 100 Weddings. The story follows a cynical war reporter who gets demoted to the wedding beat, where she has to cover 100 weddings before she can get her old job back. Along the way, she finds love. The project is being produced by Working Title Films, the British company behind such films as High Fidelity, About a Boy, and the November 19 release Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. The script is from Ellen Simon and Erin Cramer. Star also created Melrose Place, Central Park West, and Miss Match.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- North Carolina Governor to Veto Antigay Measure
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban