Yoko Ono's gay marriage anthem tops dance charts
November 06 2004 1:00 AM ET
Yoko Ono isn't known for her voice, but it's still a hot commodity. The famously off-key singer and wife of John Lennon has the number 1 single on the dance chart. "Everyman Has a Man Who Loves Him/Everywoman Has a Woman Who Loves Her (Basement Jaxx Club Mix)" is a mix of techno beats and her screeching vocals. It's her second number 1 dance song this year. Ono says once she allows someone to remix her song, she is hands-off and gives them rein to create beats and rework the song. But she isn't planning on grooving to any of her beats in the clubs soon. "I don't think I'm the type of woman who can walk into a club by myself. I'm inhibited, I suppose," she told AP Radio. Ono, 71, is already working on her next single, a version of "Give Peace a Chance." She says she's putting contemporary beats on it and that she updated the words after the September 11 attacks. (AP)
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death