Comedian Ant gets Logo reality series
BY Mike Grippi
January 26 2006 1:00 AM ET
commissioned a six-episode reality series starring out
writer-comedian Ant, who can currently be seen as the host
of VH1’s Celebrity Fit Club
. Cameras will follow
the irreverent comedian as he crisscrosses America
looking for signs of gay life in rural and
“I’m going to throw a dart at a map of
America, and wherever it lands, I’m going to
seek out the gays in that town,” said Ant in a
statement. “I hope my bad aim and lazy eye
don’t keep me out of the South."
titled U.S. of Ant
, the series hopes to
gain insight into what it really means to be gay in
small-town America, stated Eileen Opatut, senior
vice president of Original Programming for Logo.
“Ant is engaging, quick-witted, and fearless.
He’s the kind of person who can talk to
anyone, gay or straight, and have them open up to
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Michigan Trans Teen Skater's Suicide Rocks Roller Derby Community
- Texas Dads Denied Surrogacy Services Because of Marriage Discrimination